Daniel E. Wilcoxen
Daniel E. Wilcoxen is the founding, managing and senior partner of Wilcoxen Callaham. He has over 40 years of experience as a trial lawyer and has tried over 50 civil jury trials to conclusion. He has obtained more than 60 case resolutions in excess of $1 million through trial, mediation and settlement. Mr. Wilcoxen spent the first 7 years of his career as a defense attorney in the prominent Sacramento law firm of Rust & Armenis before starting his own firm in 1979. Since that time, he has focused his career on representing injured plaintiffs in many types of cases, including personal injury and wrongful death litigation, medical malpractice, legal malpractice, product liability, business litigation, qui tam and other catastrophic loss cases.
Mr. Wilcoxen attended Sacramento State College and San Diego State University before attending University of the Pacific McGeorge School of Law, where he graduated cum laude and receive his J.D. degree in 1972. He was admitted to the California State Bar in 1972.
Honors and Distinctions
- Founding member and certified Medical Malpractice Specialist, American Board of Professional Liability Attorneys
- Member, American Association for Justice (formerly ATLA)
- Certified Civil Trial Advocacy Specialist, National Board of Trial Advocacy
- Advocate, board member and past Chapter President, American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA)
- Board member and past President, Capitol City Trial Lawyers Association (CCTLA)
- 2010 Trial Lawyer of the Year, ABOTA Sacramento Valley Chapter
- 1996 and 2002 Advocate of the Year, CCTLA
- Member and instructor, Consumer Attorneys of California (CAOC)
- Past President, McGeorge School of Law Alumni Association
- Instructor, University of California Continuing Education of the Bar (CEB)
- Faculty member, University of San Francisco Law School
- Arbiter and judge pro tem, Sacramento, Placer and El Dorado Superior Courts
- Panel member, American Arbitration Association and Association of Attorney Mediators, Sacramento Valley Chapter
Mr. Wilcoxen has consistently received an AV rating from Martindale-Hubbell since approximately 1980, and is listed as a preeminent lawyer. He has also been named a Super Lawyer of Northern California, one of the top 100 lawyers in California and one of the top 25 lawyers in the Sacramento area.
- Catastrophic loss
- Personal injury
- Wrongful death
- Legal malpractice
- Medical malpractice
- Product Liability
- Insurance bad faith
- Lien law
Mr. Wilcoxen’s greatest joy in life is helping people in many different ways. He personally loves to travel and deep sea fish.