William C. Callaham
Mr. Callaham, one of the senior partners of Wilcoxen Callaham has 40 years of experience as a trial lawyer and has tried more than 150 civil jury trials to verdict. He has obtained 10 jury verdicts in excess of $1 million, and many more multi-million dollar resolutions through arbitration, mediation and settlement.
Mr. Callaham has a balanced career of 19 years practicing as a defense attorney representing major corporations, insurance companies, physicians and other individuals, as well as another 21 years on the plaintiffs’ side, exclusively representing injury victims and their families in a variety of personal injury, wrongful death and catastrophic loss litigation. He has handled a variety of cases all throughout California and also in Washington, Idaho, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Nevada and Montana.
He was profiled by Plaintiff Magazine in June 2013. You can find the article here.
He was elected President of the American Board of Professional Liability Attorneys in 2014.
Mr. Callaham graduated from San Diego State University with a B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, and he worked a stint as an engineer before attending law school. He received his J.D. degree from the University of the Pacific McGeorge School of Law in 1974 and was admitted to the California State Bar that same year. He hasn’t looked back since.
Honors and Distinctions
- American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA) since 1984, rank of Diplomate
- Sacramento Valley ABOTA Chapter President 1995
- National ABOTA President 2008
- National ABOTA Board of Directors since 1995
- American College of Trial Lawyers since 1997 (membership limited to top 1% of attorneys in any state)
- International Academy of Trial Lawyers since 2006 (membership limited to 500 members under age 70 in the United States)
- International Society of Barristers since 2009 (only 850 members internationally)
- American Board of Professional Liability Attorneys – Certified Medical Malpractice Specialist and President 2014
- American Association for Justice (formerly ATLA) – Member
- National Board of Trial Advocacy since 1993 – Certified Specialist in Civil Trial Advocacy
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America every year since 2008
- Selected as Northern California Super Lawyer every year since 2005
- Fellow, Litigation Counsel of America – The Trial Lawyer Honorary Society
- AV Rating by Martindale-Hubbell every year since 1982 (highest rating given by this peer review rating service)
- All catastrophic loss, personal injury and wrongful death litigation
- Legal, medical and other professional malpractice
- Product liability
- Insurance bad faith
Mr. Callaham enjoys working hard and playing hard. When not fighting for the rights of his clients, he is an avid road cyclist, golfer and duplicate bridge player. He also enjoys more extreme activities like skydiving and bungee jumping.